Get your own U.S. debit card with Shipito Billing Address
We are happy to let our customers know that Shipito has partnered with US Unlocked to give you the opportunity of having your own U.S. card with U.S. billing address. Now you can easily shop any U.S. website without the hassle of using an international payment method. With US Unlocked, you can shop with your own U.S. billing address and have your items delivered to one of our Shipito warehouses.
What is the US Unlocked card?
The US Unlocked Card is a virtual prepaid debit card with U.S. billing address.
Is it an actual card?
It is a virtual card, meaning you will not have the actual plastic in your hands, but you will use the number, expiration date and billing address provided to you for online payments.
Is the US Unlocked Card a credit card?
No, it is a virtual pre-paid debit card. You can only spend the amount of money that you have put on the card. If a website asks for your credit card information you can use your US Unlocked Card information, even though it is a debit card.
What should I do to get the card?
- Apply: Applying for the US Unlocked Card is easy. To set up your account, US Unlocked needs to know some personal details such as your name, home address and date of birth.
- In the registration process, you will be also automatically offered to use your Shipito suite number and address.
- Load - The next step is to make a card load payment which will include a one-time application fee. Your card will be issued approximately 2-4 business days after we have received your payment (provided you have passed the address and ID check)
- Buy - You will be able to use your card on most U.S. websites.
- Reload - When you run out of funds, it is time to make a new card load payment. You can set a minimum balance reminder in your account.
Be aware that there are fees connected with setting up and usage of the card. These fees are charged by US Unlocked, and they have no connection to Shipito services.
The US Unlocked Card is issued by Metropolitan Commercial Bank, member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa, U.S.A., Inc “Metropolitan” and “Metropolitan Commercial Bank” are registered trademarks of Metropolitan Commercial Bank © 2014. Use of the Card is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable Cardholder Agreement and fee schedule, if any.