Forum Archives

Those are only read-only archives. If you want to ask a question, please use the current forum.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FedEx to Russia

FedEx to Russia 3 years 9 months ago #6081

• John
  • Administrator
  • Founder & CEO of Shipito
  • Thank you received: 5
New information from FedEx based on our recent inquiry with VP of international.

Here is the information I received on shipping to Russia.

The FEDEX value limit for import into Moscow is 5000 Rubles ( equivalent to 159 USD). The customs value consists of value of goods plus a factor of 3USD-per-Kilo. We were told that other cities has the limit higher, but we didn't get exact answer how much.

Update (December 2010)
I have just received email from our FedEx account representative, that limit to Russia has been increased to $260 200 EUR.

Same conditions apply, customs value consists of the declared value of the product and weight factor $3/kg

We are going to test the shipping. Currently the FedEx option is available to DIAMOND, GOLD and SILVER customers only.

Our problem in the past was that FedEx returned packages and charged us with return shipping. Based on our terms and conditions customer is responsible for paying the return shipping. It is charged to your Shipito deposit. Use FedEx on your own risk. It is extremely important that customs information is accurate and within limit. We were told that incorrect customs was the reason for returning the package.

Sorry to scare you so much, but we want to be careful. This could be the first step to resume FedEx shipping to Russia. If we see there are no problems we will offer this option to every customer.

Update December 14, 2010
FedEx shipping can be activated on any account if you send us $500 security deposit by wire transfer. You are responsible for customs duty or return charges.

Maximum length
Fedex maximum lenght - 62" to Russia. It will not help with snowboards, etc.

Cell phones
We asked FedEx if they have problem to ship cell phones to Russia.

Fedex will ship mobile phones of a value limit of 200Euro as well as computers/handheld computers, MP3 Players, Digital Cameras and iPods. All with a limit value of 200 Euro.
Shipito Blog - Affiliate program - Twitter If you want to email me please do not use board PM. Use this link
Last Edit: 2 years 5 days ago by John.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: FedEx to Russia 3 years 9 months ago #6084

• Peter
Yay - no more reading complaints from people from Russia with customs and stones and re-directions and delivery instructions and tax and insurance and tracking .... phew :)

Re: FedEx to Russia 3 years 9 months ago #6085

• John
  • Administrator
LOL:-)
Shipito Blog - Affiliate program - Twitter If you want to email me please do not use board PM. Use this link

Re: FedEx to Russia 3 years 9 months ago #6088

• tracker
  • Gold Shipper
  • shipito rocks
What news about shipping via Fedex to non default cities?
WBR, Alex

Re: FedEx to Russia 3 years 9 months ago #6113

• Xevus
  • Gold Shipper
  • Thank you received: 3
Peter wrote:
Yay - no more reading complaints from people from Russia with customs and stones and re-directions and delivery instructions and tax and insurance and tracking .... phew :)

I will take Russian post over FedEx any day.

Re: FedEx to Russia 3 years 9 months ago #6118

• .man.
  • Junior Shipper
Peter
You kidding? Who needs that $165 barrier and delivery only to Moscow and Saint Petersburg? No, USPS rulezzz. And if USPS - it's Russian Post, stones,... and complaints again :laugh:
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by .man..

Re: FedEx to Russia 3 years 9 months ago #6124

• Nikolay
  • Fresh Shipper
hellt wrote:
If courier method - then UPS only.

For all peoples who lives in Russian Regions

Re: FedEx to Russia 3 years 9 months ago #6127

• Dionis
  • Junior Shipper
UPS is the best. Got box from Canada to Russia by 3 days!
© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Re: FedEx to Russia 3 years 9 months ago #6150

• John
  • Administrator
tracker wrote:
What news about shipping via Fedex to non default cities?

If the calculator shows that it is possible to deliver than this is not a problem.

Re: FedEx to Russia 3 years 9 months ago #6176

• POH
  • Fresh Shipper
The value limit to Russia has increased from around usd300 to 1000 euros on July 2010.
Is courier shipment still stick with the old rules (5000 roubles)?

Re: FedEx to Russia 3 years 9 months ago #6177

• Igor
  • Senior Shipper
What is the meaning of this service? I checked out the calculator. Again, I can not send oversized parcels. Although FedEx in the United States to deliver such parcels. Sent me in May premise came to me almost six months !!!!!!!!! Super Service for $ 300! Polonez rulezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :))))

Re: FedEx to Russia 3 years 9 months ago #6190

• Maxim
  • Fresh Shipper
2 Poh Yih Chew
Yes, still 5000 RUR for courier shipment, but without shipment charge.
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Maxim.

Re: FedEx to Russia 3 years 9 months ago #6191

• Xevus
  • Gold Shipper
Poh Yih Chew wrote:
The value limit to Russia has increased from around usd300 to 1000 euros on July 2010.
Is courier shipment still stick with the old rules (5000 roubles)?

The 1000 EUR limit applies to any form of shipment. But couriers (FedEx especially) likes to implement their own ridiculous restrictions that has no legal basis whatsoever. They do that so they can extort customers with some imaginary "brokerages fees" or something like that.

Re: FedEx to Russia 3 years 9 months ago #6291

• John
  • Administrator
Better than UPS who told us that they will not ship anything to Russia. I am glad that there is at least some option or way to go. I would like to get info about the brokerage fees as we can put some pressure from here if they are too high.

Re: FedEx to Russia 3 years 9 months ago #6319

• Ruslan
  • Fresh Shipper
1000 EUR limit applies ONLY to Russian Post and respectively its US counterpart USPS Priority Mail.
ANY "courier" delivery service falls under 250 EUR limit. EMS ALSO falls under 250 EUR limit for the time being.
Here what you pay if you exceed 250 EUR limit.
13% VAT + XX% custom duties (varies based on the kind of goods, you can find approx rate online) + brokerage fee (approx 60 USD for DHL, i guess others charge about the same). VAT and custom duties are based on the TOTAL value of your goods (NOT just the part exceeding 250 EUR).
I am not sure though how Russian Post handles packages exceeding 1000 EUR. AFAIK you pay 30% off the amount above 1000 EUR but i'm not quite sure.

Re: FedEx to Russia 3 years 9 months ago #6320

• Xevus
  • Gold Shipper
Could you please stop misleading people so blatantly ? Let's start with the fact the limit of 250 EUR simply doesn't exists AT ALL. Almost everything else in your post is also wrong.

This link provides a good summary.

www.tks.ru/nat/0020000001

Re: FedEx to Russia 3 years 9 months ago #6395

• Pavel
  • Junior Shipper
Ruslan wrote:
1000 EUR limit applies ONLY to Russian Post and respectively its US counterpart USPS Priority Mail.
and USPS Express Mail
EMS ALSO falls under 250 EUR limit for the time being.
No, it does not!

Re: FedEx to Russia 3 years 9 months ago #6406

• Gregory
  • Senior Shipper
Ruslan wrote:
ANY "courier" delivery service falls under 250 EUR limit. EMS ALSO falls under 250 EUR limit for the time being.
Here what you pay if you exceed 250 EUR limit.
13% VAT + XX% custom duties (varies based on the kind of goods, you can find approx rate online) + brokerage fee (approx 60 USD for DHL, i guess others charge about the same). VAT and custom duties are based on the TOTAL value of your goods (NOT just the part exceeding 250 EUR).
I am not sure though how Russian Post handles packages exceeding 1000 EUR. AFAIK you pay 30% off the amount above 1000 EUR but i'm not quite sure.

EVERYTHING WRONG! If you don't know anything about your post - dont type such bullsh*t!
:angry:

+1 Xevus
According to www.tks.ru/nat/0020000001
С 01.07.2010 установлены единые ставки таможенных платежей, не зависимо от вида организации, осуществляющей обработку почтовых отправлений (посылка, бандероль и т.п.). Правила для гос.почты и курьерских служб (DHL, TNT, FedEx) теперь практически одинаковые.

В случае, если стоимость посылки менее 1000 евро, и вес не более 31 кг производится освобождение от уплаты таможенных платежей.

ВНИМАНИЕ! Получать товары без уплаты таможенных пошлин можно только, если стоимость таких товаров, пересылаемых в течение одного месяца в адрес одного получателя, не превышает 1000 евро.

in Eng:
From June 1, 2010 there are common payment rules to Russian Customs for all organizations. All rules for national Russian post and delivery companies (DHL, TNT, FedEx) are the same now. 

In case the package value is less than 1000 Euro and the weight is less than 31 kg, the package will pass customs without taxes.

ATTANSION! You can get tax free goods only if packages monthly summery value for one address and person name will not be more than 1000 euro.

Re: FedEx to Russia 3 years 9 months ago #6904

• NewBee
  • Fresh Shipper
Is there any possibility for gold member to take part in Fedex-Russia testing?
Can you please make an expetion? I have an oversized package GT that can not be mergerd into smaller ones.
I would like to ship it directly to Moscow on my own responsibility and I'm ready to pay the return cost in case of problems.

Re: FedEx to Russia 3 years 9 months ago #6956

• Ruslan
  • Fresh Shipper
Do not be so naive! You can refer to the custom laws all you want (and btw i do know the laws) but the reality is completely different thing in Russia.
These are the facts provided by people directly involved in custom's inspection, clearance, etc. I know for fact that custom's officers steal stuff and intentionally lose packages to cover their theft. And it is completely up to customs officer to decide how you're going to pay the custom fees, which category you package fits in, etc.
So instead of referring to laws that do not work at all, please read message boards run by or visited by insiders and read their stories.
Of course it is all up to you, but i'm not sending anything over 150 USD by DHL, etc until i'm told by a person that actually works at the Moscow custom that it is ok now.
Moderators: Green65
Time to create page: 0.384 seconds