Forum Archives

Those are only read-only archives. If you want to ask a question, please use the current forum.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: PMI tracking stuck at "Shipping Info Received"

PMI tracking stuck at "Shipping Info Received" 1 year 11 months ago #26849

Paid $20 extra for USPS PMI instead of 1st Class so that I could track my package - but all I get is "Electronic Shipping Info Received" since July 27th. Normally it should have been imported into Russia by now.
I've read rumors of USPS skimping on marking/scanning smaller PMI parcels (this one measures 11"×8"×6" at 1½ lbs, yet it has the regular "CG" series tracking number as opposed to "L" series). Is that the case, or did a bigger SNAFU happen?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: PMI tracking stuck at "Shipping Info Received" 1 year 11 months ago #26869

• Zach S
  • Ombudsman
Hi Andrew,
USPS tracking can be inconsistent and very slow to update and many times packages will be delivered prior to the tracking updating. I myself had a recent experience where the tracking information only updated after I received my package. If you have not received the package within 30 days of mail out you can file a "not delivered" package claim from your account.
Thank you and have a great day,
Zach S

Re: PMI tracking stuck at "Shipping Info Received" 1 year 10 months ago #27907

Update: finally received my package a week ago after unnecessarily disturbing Shipito with a claim. Here's what happened: the box did have a CGxxxxxxxxxUS USPS barcode label attached but it was never scanned. The package then entered Russia on Aug 12th at the slower PCI-1 facility for "Small Packets", promptly getting a local (RAxxxxxxxxxRU) tracking label, circled with a blue pen to identify it as the "true one". Subsequent delays with handling in Russia can be attributed to vacation-time understaffing. In short, both USPS and Russian Post botched it this time.

Perhaps it's worth adding to a FAQ that one would only subsidize USPS if they send smaller items with USPS PMI. The service isn't there. I could get the same turnaround time with First Class or Shipito's Airmail Priority at much less expense.
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Andrew Belov.
  • Page:
Moderators: Green65
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds