Forum Archives

Those are only read-only archives. If you want to ask a question, please use the current forum.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: priority mail - 2 week without any track changes

priority mail - 2 week without any track changes 2 years 10 months ago #18464

Hi.
my parcels was accepted by USPS 02 Dec 2011 from Torrance warehouse, but track hasn't any changes over 13 days. what can it mean? :blink:
Label/Receipt Number: CG07 **** 712U S
Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
Service(s): International Parcels

Your shipment was accepted/picked up at 1:46 pm on December 02, 2011 in TORRANCE, CA 90503 .
thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: priority mail - 2 week without any track changes 2 years 10 months ago #18467

• Adam
  • Fresh Shipper
in my experience USPS tracking is useless, to the extent they might as well not have it. Last time I got something sent by them I had it before it updated to anything regarding being in my country. Similar experience shipping within USA to Shipito, usually get the email notification saying package received before USPS says delivered.

Re: priority mail - 2 week without any track changes 2 years 10 months ago #18468

• .man.
  • Junior Shipper
Have the same situation with USPS Express:
Processed Through Sort Facility December 03, 2011, 6:26 pm ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
Arrived at Sort Facility December 03, 2011, 6:26 pm ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
Processed through USPS Sort Facility December 03, 2011, 1:34 am LOS ANGELES, CA 90009
Electronic Shipping Info Received December 02, 2011
Shipment Accepted December 02, 2011, 3:01 pm TORRANCE, CA 90503
:dry:

Re: priority mail - 2 week without any track changes 2 years 10 months ago #18484

Adam is correct. I ship some track packages to customers in the USA from the UK.

There is some vague thing on the USPS.com site like "originator has notified that they are preparing to dispatch this mail piece" and then nothing for upto 2 weeks. So buyers email to ask me "has my package left the UK yet?"

The answer is that yes, the package has left the UK within 48 hours of being mailed. It arrives in the USA within 1 day. Then it site in customs waiting for them tp process it before they finally hand it to the postal service to deliver. The info on the usps site only changes when they get it. And sometimes the customer has the package befor eit says "delivered." Or it never changes.

Usps.com international tracking is very hit and miss.

I am waiting on a mail piece now and as soon as it lands in the UK the shipping info on the UK site will say where it is (with customs, in transit, out for delivery etc.)

But much of the time these packages are in limbo.

Re: priority mail - 2 week without any track changes 2 years 10 months ago #18485

Adam is correct. I ship some track packages to customers in the USA from the UK.

There is some vague thing on the USPS.com site like "originator has notified that they are preparing to dispatch this mail piece" and then nothing for upto 2 weeks. So buyers email to ask me "has my package left the UK yet?"

The answer is that yes, the package has left the UK within 48 hours of being mailed. It arrives in the USA within 1 day. Then it site in customs waiting for them tp process it before they finally hand it to the postal service to deliver. The info on the usps site only changes when they get it. And sometimes the customer has the package befor eit says "delivered." Or it never changes.

I am waiting on a mail piece now and as soon as it lands in the UK the shipping info on the UK site will say where it is (with customs, in transit, out for delivery etc.)

Re: priority mail - 2 week without any track changes 2 years 10 months ago #18486

Re: priority mail - 2 week without any track changes 2 years 10 months ago #18973

why is my parcel is listed as delivered on shipito.com, although there is still no data on USPS site and parcel is not received by me?

Re: priority mail - 2 week without any track changes 2 years 10 months ago #18975

• .man.
  • Junior Shipper
I've already received my package.

Re: priority mail - 2 week without any track changes 2 years 10 months ago #18995

I'm happy for you, but writing about my case.

Re: priority mail - 2 week without any track changes 2 years 10 months ago #18996

• Liliane
  • Platinum Shipper
  • Hello * Gruezi * Bonjour * Buongiorno
Dmitry Vetchinov wrote:
why is my parcel is listed as delivered on shipito.com, although there is still no data on USPS site and parcel is not received by me?

Hi Dimitry,

Regarding to the "package delivered" status on the Shipito account you do not have to worry about this at all...this has nothing to do with the actual tracking of your package. Even on my FedEx shipments where I can actually see where my packages are..Hawthorne 21DEC, Indianapolis 22DEC, Paris 23DEC it showed as delivered there. This one will be delivered on 27DEC due to the holidays.

In the meantime I think it has been corrected on the Shipito site and should not show delivered anymore. In case it still does - do not worry about this.

To me it looks more like a feature Shipito offers that you can use to keep control of your package arrivals as when you click on it you can add duty/taxes paid and comments.

Happy Holidays :)
This answer is only a personal suggestion based on my experience or common sense. Do not take it for granted as I am not a Shipito employee - Thanks!

need assistance in calling the USA ? - PM in English, German, French, Italian or Spanish - ready to help

Re: priority mail - 2 week without any track changes 2 years 9 months ago #19025

Similar situation...Where my package?
Processed Through Sort Facility, December 01, 2011, 10:09 am, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
Arrived at Sort Facility, December 01, 2011, 10:08 am, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 29, 2011
Shipment Accepted, November 29, 2011, 2:24 pm, TORRANCE, CA 90503

Re: priority mail - 2 week without any track changes 2 years 9 months ago #19027

• Alex
  • Fresh Shipper
You are not alone. My package shipped Dec 02 still sits in "Processed Through Sort Facility, LA" :)
That's kinda typical for USPS, at least with packages exported through LA in November-January.

Re: priority mail - 2 week without any track changes 2 years 9 months ago #19079

• Uplifto
  • Fresh Shipper
Have the same situation with USPS Priority MailĀ® Int'l:
You entered: CG076690725US

Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by David.

Re: priority mail - 2 week without any track changes 2 years 9 months ago #19096

• Michelle
  • Administrator
  • Shipito support
USPS tracking can be very slow to update and many times packages will be delivered prior to the tracking updating. If you have not received the package within 30 days of mail out you can file a "not delivered" package claim from your account. Once the claim has been filed the claims department will follow up with USPS on your behalf. If you have any further questions feel free to contact support.

Re: priority mail - 2 week without any track changes 2 years 9 months ago #19102

Detailed Results:
Shipment Accepted, December 02, 2011, 1:46 pm, TORRANCE, CA 90503
Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 02, 2011
---
so slow?
on several occasions sent a parcel from USA to Russia, sometimes the track was complete, sometimes lost some segments of the path. in this case, the complete absence of change. i think, that the parcel or not sent yet, or stolen in the place of origin.

Re: priority mail - 2 week without any track changes 2 years 9 months ago #19123

• Yuriy
  • Junior Shipper
Call to John now! (C) T1000

In my point of view, better to increase delivery time on that site. Current 5-6 business days is not true. In my case it was never fulfilled. This info is not realistic and make your customers nervous.

Re: priority mail - 2 week without any track changes 2 years 9 months ago #19166

Gentlemen, where is my parcel? took 28 days, nor customs, nor the post office in Russia parcel has not arrived. What is happening? You sent it or not? Why should I be satisfied with words of peace on duty? why can not disturb USPS office in your city? apparently, the parcel does not even leave him.

Re: priority mail - 2 week without any track changes 2 years 9 months ago #19184

• Arseny
  • Fresh Shipper
Same situation with my parcel, i sent two of them to the Finland, one at 14 Dec with USPS Priority
and one at 20 Dec with USPS Express

second (from 20Dec) is in Finland
and first (from 14Dec!) doesnt have any track changes after it was accepted by USPS.

Here is tracking - trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/In...ackNum=CG076495301US

I already called USPS customer service, they said that i have to receive it 3! days ago, they said that sender (Shipito) needs to call them to start investigation. And Shipito can do it right now, no need to wait 30 days. That`s not the problems of Russian post whatever. So i wrote this to Phi and still dont get any answer. Looks like Shipito dont want to do anything before 30 days. Why so if USPS customers service offers to call now?
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by David.

Re: priority mail - 2 week without any track changes 2 years 9 months ago #19185

• Yuriy
  • Junior Shipper
We can discuss forever about who guilty for the delay. I think, for now it is USPSs.

If USPS update tracking information more often we'll see on which side promblem is - USPS, EMS etc. Now we are not able to do that due to that miscommunication.

And Shipito should push them to do it - that is perfect service.

Re: priority mail - 2 week without any track changes 2 years 9 months ago #19186

• Arseny
  • Fresh Shipper
Yuriy wrote:
We can discuss forever about who guilty for the delay. I think, for now it is USPSs.

If USPS update tracking information more often we'll see on which side promblem is - USPS, EMS etc. Now we are not able to do that due to that miscommunication.

And Shipito should push them to do it - that is perfect service.

So Shipito should contact USPS and file a claim about lost parcel. My parcel goes to Finland, not Russia. So there is no Russian EMS or usual russian post service. It's Europe Union.
USPS Customer Service told me to contact sender and ask them to file a claim right now! Shipito deny mails with claim requests. How much times I have to write a mails to Shipito support to make them react?
  • Page:
Moderators: Green65
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds