Forum Archives

Those are only read-only archives. If you want to ask a question, please use the current forum.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how accurate is the USPS tracking data?

how accurate is the USPS tracking data? 3 years 5 months ago #7607

• Marta
  • Fresh Shipper
Hi everyone,

Does anyone happen to know how accurate the USPS tracking data is in terms of delays in updating the information? I haven't had a problem with my previous consolidated parcel but my current one was sent by USPS Priority (as opposed to USPS Express last time) and the last event I see is that it left the USA on 28/10. There is no record of it arriving in Australia, going through customs etc as there was with the previous parcel. I've been advised by Shipito to wait 30 days (fair enough) but seeing as my xmas presents are in there I'd like to get an idea of whether the lack of this tracking info means that the parcel has almost certainly not arrived or whether USPS is a bit slack in updating their details. I can't remember how quickly they were updated with my previous parcel.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this,
Marta
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: how accurate is the USPS tracking data? 3 years 5 months ago #7608

• S.B.
  • Platinum Shipper
  • Shipito Is The Best Shipping Company In World !
  • Thank you received: 16
USPS is NOT accurate. ;) Sorry to say but USPS often either forgets to update or just don't bother updating at all. :angry:

Shipito i think gave you the maximum time you should wait before filing a claim/insurance.You should be getting it within 3 weeks.If not then Please wait until 30 days as Shipito suggested you.Then you can file a claim for the insurance because if you do not get your parcel within 30 days , it can be considered as lost/stolen but we need to stay positive in every cases. :)

I hope you get your package very soon. :)
If anyone needs any help with their Shipito Accounts , i am available online on Gtalk & YiM.Details are on my profile.Make sure you know this will be " Unofficial ".If you need Official help , Please send an E Mail to " This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. " for any kind of Official help.
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by S.B..

Re: how accurate is the USPS tracking data? 3 years 5 months ago #7624

• Peter
USPS updates are usually delayed. For Australia it cam take up to 14 business days so It should not be too far away. I would recommend fedex if you need accurate tracking

Re: how accurate is the USPS tracking data? 3 years 5 months ago #7625

• Mark Heyes
  • Senior Shipper
Peter wrote:
USPS updates are usually delayed. For Australia it cam take up to 14 business days so It should not be too far away. I would recommend fedex if you need accurate tracking

With USPS I can have the parcel in my hand before their tracking says it has left the states. As Peter says FedEx is good for tracking. FedEx is generally dearer but Shipito gets a good price and when I compare them it is usually just as cheap as USPS. I get goods in about 3-5 working days from USA to NZ with FedEx Economy and it costs about the same as USPS - guess which one I choose!

Re: how accurate is the USPS tracking data? 3 years 5 months ago #7632

• Marta
  • Fresh Shipper
Thank you for all of your replies - that makes me feel a lot better. I do have FedEx as my preferred shipping option but I did consolidate a lot of parcels so the final was either too big for FedEx or I stuffed up somewhere by selecting the wrong thing. I know last time I had the parcel in a matter of days but it sounds like there is still hope that this one will turn up!

Thanks again!

Re: how accurate is the USPS tracking data? 3 years 4 months ago #7906

• Richard
  • Senior Shipper
Im having the same drama from USPS Priority to Australia at the moment.
Ive had a dozen or more packages sent and usually tracking is great. From first logged in, US sent, to arival in oz, customs etc all logged in.
Currently though logging still happens, but the shipping from US to Australia is VERY SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. From there its all as normal.
My last package took 10 days to arive at Oz customs.
Current package 14 days and still waiting....
Its a waiting game. This could all be new security measures, could be Xmas coming on, who knows...but we wait...

Re: how accurate is the USPS tracking data? 3 years 4 months ago #7908

• DLE
  • Senior Shipper

Re: how accurate is the USPS tracking data? 3 years 4 months ago #7917

• John
  • Administrator
  • Founder & CEO of Shipito
  • Thank you received: 5
And it will get worse with Christmas coming. USPS, FedEx and other shipping companies are getting overloaded with the volume.

Please be patient and expect delays. There is not much what can be done.
Shipito Blog - Affiliate program - Twitter If you want to email me please do not use board PM. Use this link

Re: how accurate is the USPS tracking data? 3 years 4 months ago #7933

• Marta
  • Fresh Shipper
Yes, *very* slow. Mine just arrived yesterday so I'm a happy little camper. It had a couple of little things missing but I suspect that I will find them somewhere in Shipito lost&found. Will get in touch with them shortly. Otherwise, awesome service and great packing as always.

Looking at my tracking data, it was actually accurate. The parcel was somewhere in limbo for 16 days - tracking said it left LA (or that's how I interpreted it) on 28th October but ir arrived in Australia on 14th, went into customs on 14th and came out 10 mins later. So it looks like it may have sat in LA or in Australia before it was processed as sent/received.

I have a feeling it was the latter - with the Au$ what it is at the moment, the country is apparently flooded with parcels from the US.

Marta

Re: how accurate is the USPS tracking data? 3 years 4 months ago #8005

• Richard
  • Senior Shipper
Ive got a Fedex tube here that was ordered on the 10th Nov from USA and it arived here in Australia on the 18th Nov!
8 days!
Is Fedex always that quick? Are they worth going with rather than Priority for my consolidated parcels during the Christmas season?
Anyone else still finding Fedex quick?
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Richard.

Re: how accurate is the USPS tracking data? 3 years 4 months ago #8023

Richard Malpass wrote:
Ive got a Fedex tube here that was ordered on the 10th Nov from USA and it arived here in Australia on the 18th Nov!
8 days!
Is Fedex always that quick? Are they worth going with rather than Priority for my consolidated parcels during the Christmas season?
Anyone else still finding Fedex quick?
You Australians are blessed compared to what we have in Russia! :laugh:

Re: how accurate is the USPS tracking data? 3 years 4 months ago #8024

• Alex
my package 8949-S shipped on 11 november by USPS Priority is still at USPS Postal Office in Torrance :(
CG067664355US
Shipment Accepted, November 12, 2010, 9:17 am, TORRANCE, CA 90503- and that's all :(

another package shipped the same place with USPS Priority on 18 november already left USA to it's destination, very strange LF001059869US

Re: how accurate is the USPS tracking data? 3 years 4 months ago #8037

• Marta
  • Fresh Shipper
Richard - that is actually slow - last time I had my parcel shipped with FedEx I had it in 4-5 days at my door.
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Marta.

Re: how accurate is the USPS tracking data? 3 years 4 months ago #8038

• Marta
  • Fresh Shipper
I think Australians are flooding the CA parcel exit points now that the dollar is nice and high and there aren't enough planes for them to all go out on :laugh: My parcel looks to have been held up at LA for about 10 days....

Hang in there, you'll get it!

Alex wrote:
my package 8949-S shipped on 11 november by USPS Priority is still at USPS Postal Office in Torrance :(
CG067664355US
Shipment Accepted, November 12, 2010, 9:17 am, TORRANCE, CA 90503- and that's all :(

another package shipped the same place with USPS Priority on 18 november already left USA to it's destination, very strange LF001059869US

Re: how accurate is the USPS tracking data? 3 years 4 months ago #8125

• Richard
  • Senior Shipper
Fedex isthe new winner for not only PRICE but QUICK DELIVERY too!
I am a happy camper.

Below are the difference in quotes:

Weight: 24 lbs. 6 oz.
Dimensions: 26.00 x 13.00 x 13.00
Insured amount: $853.00

USPS Express Mail® Int'l (5-6 business days)
Postage: $175.75
Insurance: $13.55
TOTAL: $189.3

USPS Priority Mail® Int'l (6-10 business days)
Postage: $153.9
Insurance: $21.4
TOTAL: $175.3

Shipito AirMail (15-25 business days)
Shipping method not available

FedEx Int'l Economy® (2-5 business days)
Postage: $145.95
Insurance: $0
TOTAL: $145.95 (list rate $356.49)

FedEx Int'l Priority® (1-3 business days)
Postage: $155.7
TOTAL: $155.7 (list rate $384.13)

DHL Express (1-3 business days)
Postage: $134.78
TOTAL: $134.78

DHL Express is the cheapest, however I dont know much about them...anyone enlighten me to having used them and how quick they were?

Re: how accurate is the USPS tracking data? 3 years 4 months ago #8130

• John
  • Administrator
DHL should be the same speed as Fedex Priority
Shipito Blog - Affiliate program - Twitter If you want to email me please do not use board PM. Use this link

Re: how accurate is the USPS tracking data? 3 years 4 months ago #8132

• Richard
  • Senior Shipper
Thats quicker and cheaper...things are looking good!
Thanks John for getting great shipping deals. I very much appreciate it.

John the link to 'DHL List of restricted items' on the shipping methods does not come up. Can you repair or do you have another link?

Re: how accurate is the USPS tracking data? 3 years 4 months ago #8133

• John
  • Administrator
Yes. Thanks for letting us know about the link.
www.dhl-usa.com/resources/Prohibited_Restricted_Commodities.pdf
  • Page:
Moderators: Green65
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds