Forum Archives

Those are only read-only archives. If you want to ask a question, please use the current forum.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New changes coming June 1, 2012

New changes coming June 1, 2012 2 years 7 months ago #23172

• John
  • Administrator
  • Founder & CEO of Shipito
  • Thank you received: 8
The Old virtual mailbox price will be changed on June 1, 2012.
The charge will be $20 per month or $100 per year. If you pre-paid in advance you keep the old pricing for the pre-paid period. For example your account shows 500 days pre-paid. The new pricing will take effect after the box expires or if you do manual change of your plan after June 1.

We will very soon stop offering the old virtual mailbox to new customers.

The pricing for the NEW virtual mailbox remains the same. $10 per month or $50 per year.

Preliminary information about changes in consolidations (can be changed)
We will also do changes in the way how consolidations are done and hope this will be in effect on June 1 or sooner. Other changes are coming soon, but not yet available. The following is just preliminary info about our plans.

The double consolidation fee will be removed.
We will create an inexpensive option to take photo of the opened consolidated box. That way you will see how full is the box. And decide if you want to add one or more items (without paying double consolidation fee).
Magazines and letters will be consolidated without consolidation fee.
Shipito Blog - Affiliate program - Twitter If you want to email me please do not use board PM. Use this link
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by John.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New changes coming June 1, 2012 2 years 7 months ago #23175

• Leo
  • Senior Shipper
John, how about the shipping insurance? will this be made optional for all customer and all shipping option? This is also a burden when it is mandatory (except for diamond client).

Re: New changes coming June 1, 2012 2 years 7 months ago #23176

• Юлий Курило
  • Fresh Shipper
  • The greater culture, the subtle rudeness.
Why did you decide to raise the price and stop offering The Old virtual mailbox?

If I unites at least four packages a time, then it is more favorable to me to use the Old virtual mailbox?

Re: New changes coming June 1, 2012 2 years 7 months ago #23177

• Hernan
  • Fresh Shipper
I strongly celebrate the decision to stop charging consolidation fees for letters! This is a totally fair decision!

Re: New changes coming June 1, 2012 2 years 7 months ago #23184

• Vasiliy
  • Senior Shipper
John why do you raise your prices?

You are already raised all that is possible. if you raise the subscription fee, then remove the fee for the consolidation of parcels 2 $.

Otherwise, out is very expensive to Use your services.

The new virtual box, I do not use, because buying a large number of parcels and unites them in one box.
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Vasiliy.

Re: New changes coming June 1, 2012 2 years 7 months ago #23190

• rui t
  • Senior Shipper
John
Can you give more informations about that new consolidation method?
You talked of a box, is that a user predefined sized box like the one you talked about a few months ago here in the forum. If not how is that sized prefefined can you give us some examples. It´s great to know that letters are not charged for consolidations.

Re: New changes coming June 1, 2012 2 years 7 months ago #23191

• rui t
  • Senior Shipper
I also agree with Vasiliy a increase with annual subscription, with shipping costs, should reflect a cheaper consolidations. Also and i have mentioned already a lot of times before consolidating with option A is totally diferent than with options B and C. Also consolidating small padded envelopes (which are not considered letters) is totally diferent than consolidating boxes.
About letters not beeing charged for consolidation, what does shipito considerers a letter. Package WT in my account looks like a letter but it was not considered a letter by shipito, so i wonder what do you consider a letter?
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by rui t. Reason: adding coments

Re: New changes coming June 1, 2012 2 years 7 months ago #23194

• Artem
  • Fresh Shipper
If I understood in right way - I can pay now for 2 years, for example, and the old version of service (when I pay 8.5+2*x, instead of (2+2.5)*x - will be available for me for half-a-month left for my account, plus 2 years? And this will cost for me 50*2=$100?

Re: New changes coming June 1, 2012 2 years 7 months ago #23195

• Liliane
  • Platinum Shipper
  • Hello * Gruezi * Bonjour * Buongiorno
Artem wrote:
If I understood in right way - I can pay now for 2 years, for example, and the old version of service (when I pay 8.5+2*x, instead of (2+2.5)*x - will be available for me for half-a-month left for my account, plus 2 years? And this will cost for me 50*2=$100?

Hi Artem
Yes this is correct. It will work as long as there are no changes done on the terms & conditions of the plan.
Cheers
Liliane
This answer is only a personal suggestion based on my experience or common sense. Do not take it for granted as I am not a Shipito employee - Thanks!

need assistance in calling the USA ? - PM in English, German, French, Italian or Spanish - ready to help

Re: New changes coming June 1, 2012 2 years 7 months ago #23196

• Artem
  • Fresh Shipper
And I agree with previous writers - if I pay more annually, I should assume less payment for each transaction. It forces a person to make more transactions to "save" more money.
As was done in previous withdrawn plan for really big your clients.

And this increase is like the next: At first, you told that soon virtual mailbox will have new rules - without 8.5 fee, and so on. And put away an expensive plan with cheap fees - $1 per package is in my memory...
Then, when some time passes and customers forgot about what were earlier, you say that 'old' virtual mailbox plan will be still available - but for more expensive price. But really it gives us less, that were is already withdrawn plan for nearly the same fixed payment - $20 per month.

May be you will suggest those who purchased new version of this plan some other benefits? Like real discount for USPS shipping... now I have really formal discount like several bucks from $x00 postage payment - though some big ebay shops send big packages for really low prices by USPS, 10-15% cheaper than list-price for shipping on USPS.com. Like 200 for shipping, instead of 230. But do not want to lie, do not sure about actual percentage, only noticed that sometimes shipping is unlikely cheap.

Assuming rising consolidation fees, seems that it would be more convenient to talk to ebay or other sellers about shipping to Russia of all bought goods in one box...

But cannot help saying that other news are really good - like photos of recieved packages, new possibility of no double-taken consolidate fees, and so on. And response time for transactions becoming more predicted - earlier some times it took about an hour, relly fast, and some times 2-3days (do not assume time of big purchases like New Year) - and now usually the longer than 4-5 hours, but always the same day.
Thanks for good work.

Re: New changes coming June 1, 2012 2 years 7 months ago #23198

• Artem
  • Fresh Shipper
Thank you, Liliane

Re: New changes coming June 1, 2012 2 years 7 months ago #23201

• windly
  • Expert Shipper
  • Veni, vidi, vici
John wrote:
The Old virtual mailbox price will be changed on June 1, 2012.

I think it's because they said they will/want to discontinue the old mailbox plan eventually/ completely at some point...

AND

they really wanted customers(both new and old) to use the NEW mailbox plan so they raise the price for old mailbox(possibly to encourage people to make the switch and discourage people to continue to use old mailbox plan).

So, if you really want to use old mailbox(maybe because you are currently benefit from it) then you will have no choice but to pay for the rise(of course it's for when the price rises in JUNE and you make payment after that). For now, the price should still be the same and you can prepaid for it.

Anyway, just my opinion. :cheer:
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by windly.

Re: New changes coming June 1, 2012 2 years 7 months ago #23203

How can I extend for another year my Old Virtual mailbox if I have 105 days of current subscriptions to the same service?

Thanks
Alex

Re: New changes coming June 1, 2012 2 years 7 months ago #23205

• Liliane
  • Platinum Shipper
Alexander Bondarev wrote:
How can I extend for another year my Old Virtual mailbox if I have 105 days of current subscriptions to the same service?

Thanks
Alex

Hi Alex

Just select the same service again for the year and pay the 50USD and it will add 365 days to your current account.

Just do not expect the conditions to remain the same as for now.
cheers
Liliane
This answer is only a personal suggestion based on my experience or common sense. Do not take it for granted as I am not a Shipito employee - Thanks!

need assistance in calling the USA ? - PM in English, German, French, Italian or Spanish - ready to help

Re: New changes coming June 1, 2012 2 years 7 months ago #23206

Thank you, Liliane

Re: New changes coming June 1, 2012 2 years 7 months ago #23208

• Liliane
  • Platinum Shipper
What I would like to see is the terms & conditions to remain in place for more than a couple of months. Do not get me wrong I am always open to new ideas but these constant changes are not helping to build trust. (my personal opinion)

Also I would prefer to get information about changes up front rather than see it per pure coincidence:

www.shipito.com/14-shipito-services/2316...pricing-from-01-june

Thanks for publishing it 3hrs after my question on the account login page. Like this everybody can see it :)

The account page has been modified, the virtual mailbox plan removed and only the new virtual mailbox plan is visible. Can you please publish the limit of 18 cubic ft and not only mention free storage for 90 days? This in my opinion would be fair to new members and not lead to wrong expectations?

thks n brgds
Liliane

Re: New changes coming June 1, 2012 2 years 7 months ago #23213

• Vasiliy
  • Senior Shipper
dear Director
before you change anything, increase the cost, take a vote among the permanent members, and please feel free to improve service on the Chinese stock, I promise to e-mails do not meet the feeling that I just put in the blacklist ..

Re: New changes coming June 1, 2012 2 years 7 months ago #23216

• Artyem
  • Fresh Shipper
John,

It's very bad news. After 3 years of collaboration your service will be not so advantageous. I hope that you need to think about old and devoted users and keep old yearly fees for them. Otherwise I will be forced to move to another forwarder.

P.S.
Now you frequently change rates. Again and again. New rules, new rates, new limits, new rated & so on. Continuous process! It's very annoying. Stop doing this many times per year.
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Artyem.

Re: New changes coming June 1, 2012 2 years 7 months ago #23217

• David
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 25
Artyem wrote:
Now you frequently change rates. Again and again. New rules, new rates, new limits, new rated & so on. Continuous process! It's very annoying. Stop doing this many times per year.
Yes, we are sometimes changing our rules and prices, but we are also also introducing new services, new shipping methods, new features for our customers. These two processes are very closely connected, and one cannot be done without the other.

Liliane, Vasiliy, Artyem and all complaining about changes: would you prefer if Shipito was still the same service as it was four years ago, with only USPS Express Mail shipping method, no consolidation, slow processing times and no additional services ? We think, that the constant development is our strength. We are sorry if you think it's annoying, but we will definitely continue in this trend.

As a matter of fact, our main fees (mailout/special fee $8.50, Virtual Mailbox $10 / $50) remain the same for about 4 years without a change, the only thing that changed is consolidation fees ($8.50 cap was removed). We do not like to change our prices, but sometimes it is necessary.

We decided to discontinue Old Virtual Mailbox, which was already announced about 6 months ago. How many times do we have to announce this change ?

We already stopped promoting it and offering to the new customers. We decided to proceed extremely slowly in the process of removing it completely, and increasing the price of service we are going to discontinue anyway is just the next step. We want everybody to switch to the new service eventually, but we do not force anybody to do so. Should we rather just remove it completely right away ? Or do you prefer to still have the option to select it if it's profitable for you even after the price increase ?

Trust me that removing the service completely and simply switching everybody to the new plan is much less work for us and we are ready to do so right away if you prefer this solution. But we really do not want to do it, and we rather offer some flexibility to our existing users ...
If you want to contact me directly, please use standard support application. Please do not send me PMs on the forum
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by David.

Re: New changes coming June 1, 2012 2 years 7 months ago #23221

• rui t
  • Senior Shipper
woooooooowwwwwwww i did not knew that there was a consolidation cap of $8.50
Can i make a wish..............
Can it return
Moderators: Green65
Time to create page: 0.369 seconds